Words are the most powerful tool available to humans. They are how we digest, define, and share our reality. Words have the energy and force to hurt, heal, change, create. It’s no wonder we are drawn towards words, both in creation (writing) and absorption (reading), as we explore and experience all edges of life.
This is a list, in no particular order, of words that have found me. Many have come to me through friends, others have found me on their own, all have worked their unique magic.
For the Heart
- Broken Open: How Difficult Times Can Help Us Grow, Elizabeth Lesser.
- Tiny beautiful things: Advise on love and life from Dear Sugar, Cheryl Strayed
- A Novel of Rumi: The Forty Rules of Love, Elif Shafak
- A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles, Marianne Williamson.
- Sexual Fluidity: Understanding Women’s Love and Desire, Lisa M Diamond
For the Mind
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are, Brene Brown.
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead, Brene Brown.
- You Are A Badass: How to Stop Doubting your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life, Jen Sincero
- Girl, Wash Your Face, Rachel Hollis
For the Spirit
- Women Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories fo the Wild Woman Archetype, Clarissa Pinkola Estes
- Why Buddhism Is True, Robert Wright.